The days have been very HOT lately. They have been advising that people stay inside if at all possible. Other than visiting Paul Saturday and attending Church Sunday, I have stayed in.
The visit to see Paul was different. For the past 2-3 weeks he has not been recognizing anyone, not even the nurses and me. He is just quite, basically no communications. Put he is eating. He seems very comfortable in the big lounge chair they put him in between meals. He was in the large TV room with other residence seeing the Old Western Chanel. According to one of his nurses the other day while sitting very quite, during one of the programs Paul haulers loudly "Stop all that shooting before someone gets shot in here". The nurses all jumped and turned around to see. It was their very quite Paul who had just yelled and said that.
They are all still laughing about it. They say he has not said an other thing since.
You just never know what to expect.
Because I have become such a stranger to him and there is no communicating, I have decided to go once every week for now and pick different days each week. Just to keep checking.
Going out in heat can really wear you out. So I sat down to watch a couple of movies I saved. They were on the TCM "Ma and Pa Kettle's new home" "Ma and Pa Kettle Goes to New York" and "Ma and Pa Kettle And the County Fair." They were made back when I was in my early teen years. I remember I thought they were funny then, but I wasn't sure I would enjoy them now. but I saved each one and enjoyed them beyond pleasure. I haven't laughter that hard in A very long time. They were great.
And on Sunday they had the Pionery's Day Celebration of 80 years of the Tabernacle preforming. I had to save it. I hope they put it on a CD. I had to stand and clap too! The last half of it I couldn't keep the tears from flowing. It was so awesome to be able to watch all that and followed by a wonderful talk from Mr. Hinkley to the youth in 1997. It would have been perfect for today.
After all of this I had received from NetFlix "Sleepless in Seattle" And I cried a bunch watching it to.
Well it all was very good and I got a lot done on an Afghan I am making for my big chair.
Tomorrow they are going to have the Funeral for Sister Marna Pratt. Some of the sisters from my Word are going to go with me.
Oh, our new Bishopric were all there and conducting to day. They are all very fine Men. It shows the Lord was involved with those callings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment