Friday, May 1, 2009

Paper Day - Special Night

Today I met with the admittance girl, Michele, at Good Shepperd. She is very nice but, the paper work took two hours. It was like the paper work when you are taking out a mortgage or something. It is really something. But it is all done and that's a good feeling. We just need the Doctors orders, that will come tomorrow morning. Michele said she would call me when they are ready to transport him so I can be there.



I am hoping it will not disturb Paul too much.



I am even more impressed with the place and all the equipment that they have. Michele tells me they will try to work with him and get him into a high backed wheel chair. They feel it will give him a feeling of more safety. Also, there will always be someone with him when he is eating to be sure he doesn't choke or forget to swallow. I was really pleased with that. I hadn't thought about that. They are really on top of the care he needs.



Tonight I had a big surprise. Sarah (Paul's daughter) and Derrick and little Elizabeth came up. Sarah dropped Derrick and Elizabeth off to visit with me and she went over and visited with Paul.



That little Elizabeth is unbelievable for her age. She is not quite two years old yet. She know most of the alphabet, she is starting to count, talks like 3+ years old. She knows her colors and knows how to sign (like the deaf do) a whole lot of words. She is very polite, thank you, no thank you, please, etc. And to add to it, she is tiny like her mom so that makes her look even more unbelievable.



It was not hard to see that her daddy was proud of her.



Sarah seems to have had a nice visit with Paul. I am so glad. She will most likely not be up again until some time after the baby is born. He is going to be called Issac and I forgot what she said his middle name is going to be. I should have wrote it down. Oh Well. I'll get it later.



It was really good seeing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment