Attending church today was really nice. It was Fast Sunday, and our meeting was so filled with the spirit. A lot of wonderful testimonies were shared. It was really up lifting.
Before going I called to see how Paul was doing. They said he slept well and had a big breakfast in the dinning room sitting in his new wheel chair. I was so glad to hear that.
After church I went over to see Paul. Since I called they had taken him in is wheel chair to the Bathing room, where they have a big tub. It has all kinds of equipment to lift and support the patients and it has a jacuzzi. Well, he got his first bath and I don't remember when, and according to him "it felt really good". After a while of rest they got him up again for lunch. I was really over whelmed.
When I first got there he didn't know who I was for a while, but after a little bit I asked if he would like me to read some more of Alm to him. He was happy about that. After reading for quite a while he definitely knew who I was and we talk quite a lot. I tried to help him understand he needed to stay there for a while because they were all very good and nice and could help him feel better. I think he began to feel it was OK and he would stay for a while.
Later when they tried to get him in the wheel chair again for dinner though, he fell apart. I think it may have be a bit too much for one day. His whole body went into shaking real hard and there was no way to get him in the wheel chair. They quickly decided to lay him back down on his bed and helped him to relax and reassured him that he could stay there for now and they would go get his dinner and feed him right there. When he was sure they were going to get him dinner he did relax. In a couple of minutes or so they were there with a delicious looking dinner and his favorite cranberry juice. He was all happy again and it was a good time for me to say good by and slip out.
It feels so good to see he is getting very good care. A million pounds of worry have be lifted off me.
Tomorrow I am going to meet with the daily staff and see what clothes they feel he needs to have. Some I'm sure he all ready has and some I am sure I will need to go get him. I'm just not sure what. The temperatures are even better there in his room and he doesn't have to go outside to get to the dinning room like he did at Immanuel. I need to do some more "Thank Thees" again tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment