Saturday, May 2, 2009

Transfer is Done

At long last this morning Paul was transferred to Good Shepherd. The transporters were wonderful. Everyone was wonderful. I am so impressed with the knowledge and tenderness they all showed. Paul was as I was afraid he would be very, very confused. He thought he was camping with the boy scouts and wanted me to help him pack up the car and go home at times. Although there were times he got really funny with the Nurse and Care Givers. It was a long day for him and me. By late afternoon he began to relax a bit and sleep, so the nurse agreed it was a good time for me to go and get some rest myself. She gave me the phone number of her desk and told me to call any time I wanted.



I did call about dinner time and she said he had just eaten a good dinner (there is someone who comes in and feeds him) and was doing fine. Tomorrow morning they are going to try and get him in the wheel chair with the high back for a little bit. They need to weigh him so they will do it all together sort of. I am hoping that it will work. It would be better if he could move around more. He will get bed sores if he just lays there on his back all the time. Well, they have had lots of experience and if possible I am sure they will know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment