Saturday, April 4, 2009

Armed for The Battle

Today was a day filled with lots of wonderful messages of Love and Testimony. Getting to listen to the Brothern & Sister who spoke in Conference and getting to see and hear from our new Apostle was very uplifting and fortifying, I am so thankful. Brother Anderson's bright smile and strong testimony of the Savior was so touching. I am really looking forward to tomorrow when he gets to give his first talk as an Apostle.
I had a visit today from the First Councilor in Stake Presidency and his wife. They came for soon grapefruit off the tree in the back yard. It was a nice surprise. She called just before they came.
They visited with me for a while. Wanting to know about me and how Paul was doing. (Pres. Welch is also in our Ward and knows Paul).
I shared with him that yesterday when I visited with Paul, he was very aware of who I was this time and wanted to know why he just couldn't come back home with me now. He said he is very lonely. I told him I was making arrangement for a nice home for him in our ward area, with real nice people to care for him. And that we will move him soon. That made him feel a little better.
But this morning I got a call from Gabriel the own of the group home we found Wednesday. He was very upset because he had be calling Mercy Care (several times) for two days to get the paper started and no one has returned his calls.
Pres. Welch gave me some advise on how to get action going. I am going to call Mercy Care at 8:00 am Monday and make sure I talk to someone "Live" with authority.
Getting to hear more wonderful messages tomorrow will be a help to straighten me.
I am so thankful for the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment