Started the day with a call from one of the Social Workers at the Hospice saying the Doctor had seen Paul this morning and that he is ready to be transferred to a Group Home. I told her that was great but, we don't have a place for him yet and I was waiting on some addresses from Jo Ann, an other Social Worker. She said she didn't know that but would get hold of her and see what is happening. That is the last I have heard from her.
I then kept waiting for a call from her and a call from one of the Brethren that was going to let me know when today, they were going over to Paul's to give him a blessing, so I could be there. And, waiting for Jose to call be and let me know when he was coming to pick up his Quarterly Reports.
Not until about 4:30pm Jose call said he was now on his way over. Shortly after he left I got a call from our Home Teacher saying he had not made it over to see Paul yesterday, his car broke down. Then I got a call from the other Brother saying he had not been about to get with anyone to go with him to give Paul a blessing either and would try again tomorrow. And all this time Paul had still not had a blessing he had asked for yesterday. I was really let down. Now what!
I kind of prayed about it and call Elaine's house. Lloyd answered, Elaine was not there. So, I told him about the situation and asked would he be possibly willing to come out and give Paul a blessing.
He was so sweet. As soon as Elaine got home he had her call me and get directions. Just as soon as they were finished eating Lloyd, Elaine, Sarah and Jacob all came and visited with us at the Hospice and Lloyd gave him a beautiful Blessing. Paul was so pleased. I know it meant a lot to him. In the blessing Lloyd mentioned that we would fine a good Home for him. I was so relived too.
It is so wonderful to have Family. I am so grateful for each and every member. And how special to have such a fine and good new priesthood holder in the family. I have a lot to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment