Monday, April 6, 2009

New Help Coming

This morning I gave one more try to reach Mercy Care. There was no way to get to a live voice.

Jill, had a couple of other phone numbers and said she would call them and try to get to someone. She also said I should let Immanuel Care Cent. know that we were trying to move Paul to a place with a higher level of care. I did. I reach a girl named Lorin who was very nice. She understood, but also recommended that I at least look at their unit in the other building that was set up for Hospice care. They had done a lot of work on that unit and felt that I might be comfortable with it. I made plans to see it after my visit with Paul.

I found him back in his old room, only it didn't look old anymore. They had removed the old carpet and replaced it with beautiful new wood flooring. Everything looked new. I made a fuss about it to Paul about how nice everything looked and he was pleased. At lease that had improved. But the level of care will still not be what he needs.

(A note. The lady that had been in charge back a few months ago when we had the bad incident of his room not being cleaned up after some accidents, was no longer there along with some others. I was told that as of today they have been transferred to a unit that has less "needed care" patients).

After the visit with Paul I met with Lorin at the new hospice unit. I was impressed. But I know that is not what Paul would really want. I explained to her his wishes to me and what we had been trying to arrange and the difficulties we have been having with Mercy Care. She immediately told me that they can be of assistants and can see that the transfer goes through and to have Jill, his social worker call her first thing in the morning. She knows Jill and can help her. Steve the Directer of Immanuel was there and said they can get it done right a way, with out waiting on Mercy Care.

So, tonight I get to sleep with more hope.

I guess I need to learn that I am really not walking alone but, that doesn't mean the walk won't be long at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment