Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Nice Day

Today was a nice day. I woke up filling really rested and not in a hurry, so I did some cleaning, after breakfast and then went to visit Paul. The nurse said he had been doing good. He is eating well. That is a good sign she said. We visited for a short while. It's hard to have much of a conversation, he forgets what he was saying. So I read to him from a book I had with me I had been reading. He really liked that, we talked about it a bit.

He then complained about his head ache getting really bad. So I went to tell the nurse, she was great. She said he had had one earlier but the Tylenol was probably not strong enough. So, she was back in his room in a few short minutes with something stronger. She didn't want him uncomfortable.

She and I visited for a short while and he was off to sleep. Looking just fine.
I am so grateful for them there at Hospice of the Valley.

I then went over for a few minutes to see Mary from next door to see how she was doing up at Boswell Hosp. Bless her heart she look awful. I don't think I have ever seen anyone with so much black and blue on their face. She said it didn't hurt, thank goodness. She seemed to be in good spirits and will be going home to her eldest daughters house for a few weeks tomorrow.

When I got home I finished the Quarterly Reports for Jose. I have been doing his books for about 10 -12 years now. I sure didn't think I would be still doing them. But it's kinda fun to know I still can do it.

It's been a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment