I waited until late afternoon to see Paul today. He was very contented. Obviously very comfortable compared to his bed at Immanuel. It's a wood looking hospital bed. They had adjusted it and tucked him in with four pillows. He sounded every happy to see me and said he was feeling fine. He did ask for something to eat. I knew it was not too far off before they would feed him. He had a class of cranberry juice on his tray, so I asked him if he would like some of that. He was very happy at that suggestion. After a good size drink, he said he hoped I wouldn't mined, but he wanted to go to sleep now.
This seems to be his major activity, sleeping. I am sure that the move yesterday was quite a lot for him.
I talked to the Doctor and discussed if he felt that with him so weak and needing so much help if I should have him in a similar care facility. His response was "no". He felt most definitely that there are a number of Group Homes near by that are even better at this remaining time in his life. I am having doubts about the Group Home I have had picked out. There has been such a large decline in him that I didn't for see this soon. So I am meeting with his Social Worker tomorrow morning to discuss this and get some more guidance.
Maybe I really was not suppose to get him in that other Group Home after all. And maybe that has been the answer to my prayers and I was just not seeing it. I feel like I need to redirect my prayers tonight. I am so thankful for knowing I can go to my Father in Heaven and know he is listening. I will try to listen more careful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment