Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

This was a different Easter weekend for me. I didn't get to go to church. I did get over to the family gathering at Wendy's for a few hours. Those hours were unbelievable. Most all the family were there except for Chris and Amy's family. To start off with Lloyd brought his lap top computer with the pictures of the Wedding and lots of pictures of little Spenser to share with us. They were all awesome.

The wedding pictures were so beautiful and full of love and happiness and fun. For me it would be impossible to decide what one was the best. You would have to divide them in categories and then pick the best of each category. They are going to make a copy of the DVD for me. I am so pleased.

The pictures of Spencer were one Awe after an other. He is just so cute. And it was so fun to see how proud and happy Elaine and Lloyd are to be grandparents.

Then going on in the front room, Wendy had set up a DVD with old videos of birthday parties of the grand children in the family when they were very young. It was so special. Children were not the only ones young. So were their parents.

There were videos of Christmas' a number of years ago. Some of the Irish Family Christmas gatherings with a video of Christine and Teddi and I with one of our many tries to sing "We Aut Got A Barrel of Money" and dear Ray (I miss him so) at the mic. And of course Santa with the children and one of Charlene doing a Christmas skit that was so cute and funny, I had laughter till I cried that night. It was so priceless.

And then there were some at my home on Sierra Street. All my family gathered there in my family room opening Christmas presents. The grandchildren were all so young. I know I wasn't feeling on top the world with the sinus problem and all, but the tears started to come out of control as I watched. Thank goodness they decided to hide the Easter eggs and go out and have everyone try and find them. It was getting very cold I decided to stay in and just watch out the window. They were all having so much fun. But I started having a had time with the cold air. And Wendy was going to start more of the videos. I wanted to watch them with all my heart, but I knew with the pain in my head and all of the emotions building up inside I would fall apart and thought I better just get my self home. I didn't want to disturb the fun they were having.

I thought I would freeze on the way home. I turned the car heater on but it took a few hours for the chills to go away. When I awoke this morning I was just not feeling good at all and not up to going to church. I am going to call the doctor first thing in the morning.

I am hoping for a better week in health and getting Paul to the Group Home.

I did see the Easter video that the General Presidency of the Church posted on the Church web site. It really touched my heart and was a wonderful reminder of what Easter is really about. I am so great full for my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment