Thursday, April 23, 2009

As Paul Rests

I went to the Hospice Unit this morning to catch the Social Worker there. She is a very busy person, I waited most of the morning. Paul was resting fairly comfortable. He wasn't very interested in visiting, he just wanted to rest. However, every 10 - 15 minutes he would call out to make sure I was still in his room, then he would go back to sleep.

When I did get to meet with Jo Ann, his Social Worker she was marvelous. She explained to me more about Paul's illness and what was happening. Then we talk about where he should be transferred to. We both agree that the right Group Home that can take care of him from now on with no need to move him again would be the best. She offered to get some names and addresses of places close by that Hospice has worked with. I was to call his case worker with Mercy Care and let her know what was going on and that I was working with Jo Ann up at Hospice of the valley and that is where the doctor had him transferred to.

I did and was very surprised when Marie called me right back this time when she heard who was having me call her. Marie was very pleasant and emailed me a list of Group Homes close by that were in her files. She suggested somethings to be sure to look for in the Home and wished me good luck. I double checked with the big list she sent weeks ago, that was not very helpful, there was not a single duplicate. This one was were very helpful.

whoops... I was just surprised by my security alarm going off and the dogs barking. We are getting gusts of winds and I thought that it might have pulled on the patio door. I got it turned off and then called the security people, they were very nice. It turned out to be the front door was blow just a jar. The lights were out in that room and I didn't see it. But most important the screen door was still very secure and everything was fine. The security people helped me reset the alarm and all is well.

Tomorrow Laura has said she will go with me to look at the Homes that are possibilities. I feel like things are going to be all right. I'm hope full for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment