I received a call at 9:am this morning from the Hospice Nurse saying that the Doctor was called last night and place an order to have him transferred to a higher level care unit. Hospice made arrangements for him to be transferred to the Hospice of the Valley Center at Good Shepard Care Facility. Hospice of the Valley owns a wing of the large building.
He was scheduled to be picked up from 12: to 1:pm. It didn't give me much time to get his apartment cleaned out, and packed up. A dear friend from Church Ruth came over and helped so much.
She made sure all the pictures were package and saved into a box. He had a lot of clothes that he has grown out of or were comfortable for him. Those are going into boxes to take to Deseret Ids, I 'm leaving all the furniture. Most of it were pieces I picked in garage sales and others gave me. I have no need for them. They will except them as a charity donation and they will take care of removing them where they want.
The Transporter showed up right at 12;30 pm We had maded up a big bag filled with clothes and peronal needs to take with him, we hand carried them to the car.
As he was being place in his wheel chair in the transport 3 of his nicest care giver each had to give him a be hug and tell him to be a good boy. He loved it. Then as we left to back up stairs to get the rest of his things in my car, the three girls got in the elevator with me and all began to cry and saying how much they were going to miss him and what a sweet, kind, thoughtful man he was.
When I was able to go over to the hospice to see how he was doing really fine. They talk to him a lot. And I got to see how they get him up from the bed, it takes two Strong People just to get him turned and onto the bed chair. They said that he can eat some food a Little bit himself but needs the silver wear put in his hand for him, He can't hold a glass by himself. They are offering him food when every he says he is hungry even if it's a couple spoons of peaches or pears or applesauce. I did alert them of his love for pumpkin pie.
I am ancients to meet with his doctor and really get an accounting of his declining I am getting now concerned that the Group Home may not be able to provide the level of care he is now needing.
If Paul dozin't complain and says he is unhappy in this unit. That makes it a different story. I wouldn't feel bad and have him in a high level Care Unit. Of cause I will have to see what may happen to the cost.
I must say I feel comfort about where he is at for now and not getting calls about his latest fall,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment