Since I no longer "go to work" you would think that it wouldn't matter if it were Friday or not, but it still seems like it is a day I look forward too. And the week-end is still special to me. I look forward most though to Sunday and this Sunday I will be able to go to church. Hurray!
Today I did a lot of errands and made calls checking in on the progress of the paper work for Paul. Still a hold up, but there are more people becoming involved with looking out for him and helping with him. I met some more people from Hospice of the Valley that are visiting and caring for him today. They were really nice and gave me some comfort too.
It was kind of funny during the visit, at first I could tell he was not in real time and probably didn't know just who I was. After a few minutes a care giver came in to change him, (he needed special cleaning). I stepped into the other room. A few moments later a second person came in from Hospice. She was a short happy smiling black lady. As she entered his room Paul announces that she is his beautiful wife that just came in to visit him to the first care giver. We all choked and giggled for a moment and I hollered in and said "Hi hon I will be right in". It was very obvious that he was a bit confused.
But after they were both gone, I read some more of "Alma" and he stopped me twice with very clear questions about what I was reading. He is amazing. His sweetness and testimony never wavers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment